Saturday, November 6, 2010

My computer was stoned

After I installed an application downloaded from Internet, I felt my computer had some virus symptoms. I had AVG free version in my laptop, and it gave some alerts. SFU wireless network also alert me that my laptop was stoned and cut my lapton's connection to SFU network. Then, I installed McAfee and full scaned my laptop. But SFU network still warned me that having virus on my laptop.

Finally, I uninstalled McAfee, and try MS essential. This free antivirus software really give me a surprise, it found a Trojan:WinNT/Bubnix.gen!A on my system\driver\, and show "Trojan:WinNT/Bubnix.gen!A is a generic detection for a kernel-mode driver installed by other malware that hides its presence on an affected computer by blocking registry and file access to itself."

It looks MS still has backdoors that other antivirus companies do not know. Therefore, after the virus in system, McAfee can not find it, but MS can.

No comments:

Post a Comment